The Lodge Country Park Booking Terms and Conditions
The Lodge Trust CIO is a Christian Charity, whose primary purpose is offering a residential home and supported employment opportunities and training for adults with learning disabilities.
The Lodge Country Park is an activity of The Lodge Trust CIO which provides two holiday log cabins, ‘Caravan and Motorhome Club’ (CL) and ‘Camping and Caravanning Club’ (CS) sites, Country Café, children’s play area, adult gym, picnic area, and a country walkway. We believe that our Christian ethos is essential to promoting a safe environment for all. Enquiries are welcomed from those who are sympathetic with the Trust's ethos and beliefs.
1. Once a provisional booking is made please complete and return the booking form to us accompanied by the designated Booking Deposit. Alternatively, this Booking Deposit may be made by an online payment which you have the right to cancel within seven days of paying the Booking Deposit. If you choose to cancel your Booking, you will have your full payment returned within seven working days of you advising The Lodge Country Park of your cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. In the event of cancellation after seven days, both parties should endeavour to re-let the accommodation. Should neither party succeed, the person making the reservation is legally liable to pay the full hire charge. In most cases this liability can be covered by insurance. If you do not already have personal insurance and cancellation cover for your holiday, we strongly recommend that you do so before making your booking.
3. The accommodation shall only be used by the party as described on the booking form, unless changes are agreed in writing to us prior to arrival. We have the right to ask any unauthorized persons to leave the site.
4. If any equipment supplied by us in the cabins or laundry area fails to work, please advise our management immediately to allow us to rectify the matter swiftly, thus avoiding any unnecessary inconvenience to you.
5. The Lodge Country Park reserves the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from parties which in our opinion (and at our sole discretion) are unsuitable for the property.
6. All-male or all-female groups are accepted only at our discretion and with our specific permission. To ensure the comfort and enjoyment of everyone at the park, the management has a right to remove any person/s acting in a manner detrimental to the enjoyment of any other person(s).
7. When exercising your dog on our site it must be kept under control. Please keep it on a lead and clean up any fouling without delay. Dogs (other than registered assistance dogs) are not allowed in our Country Café. Pets, other than dogs, are not allowed on-site at all.
8. There is a strict “No Smoking” policy inside or outside on the veranda of the log cabins, Country Café and Laundry.
9. Barbecues are NOT permitted near the log cabins or caravans/tents due to fire hazards. For information as to where you may site your barbecue, please see the Country Park Manager in the Country Café. Do not place disposable barbecues directly on the ground.
10. Please observe all the Country Park rules, from time to time in force, as well as any applicable bylaws.
11. Guests should not use or permit the use of the Country Park or any accommodation in such a way as might be or become a nuisance to the neighbours or the owner.
12. Please notify any shortcomings with your accommodation to the management as soon as possible so that appropriate action can be taken. If a significant problem is not resolved to your satisfaction, please notify us of any complaint as soon as possible during your stay or write to us within 28 days of the end of your stay.
13. Your vehicles and their accessories and contents are left entirely at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever other than in the case of negligence by our employees.
14. Data Protection Policy: All information provided by our customers and potential customers is respected as being provided in confidence and will not be passed on to any third party. Nor will any information be used for unsolicited email, mail or telephone marketing. We may hold your information, where collected by us, to keep you informed of any offers in the future. If you do not wish us to do this, please advise us in writing
15. The site has a strict 5mph speed limit.
Cabins only (in addition to Site rules):
1. Once confirmation of your booking is received, please pay £50 deposit either online or by cheque made payable to ‘The Lodge Trust CIO’. The balance is due at least 6 weeks prior to the holiday date. If the holiday is booked less than 6 weeks in advance, then the full amount is payable and no refund is possible. In the event that payment is not received by such date, you will be deemed to have cancelled your booking at the commencement of the 6 week period.
2. Log Cabins are available from 3pm to 5pm on the day of arrival (if you will be arriving later than this please make arrangements with the Country Park Manager). Cabins must be vacated no later than 10:30am on the day of departure.
3. The cabins are “non-serviced” accommodation; it is the hirer’s responsibility to keep the cabin in good order.
4. The hirer agrees to permit the owners or their representatives to enter the cabin at any reasonable time to carry out repairs or in emergency situations for the cabin or other parts of the Country Park.
5. In the event of a cabin becoming uninhabitable as a result of fire, flood, electricity or water supply interruption, boiler failure or acts of God, The Lodge Country Park will endeavour to offer suitable alternative accommodation or a pro-rata refund if no such accommodation can be found. Should the property be unavailable on the holiday date (for example, due to damage by the previous occupant) then all monies will be refunded without question. However, no further liability will fall on the owners/representatives. In no event shall the liability exceed the rental paid.
6. Our holiday cabins are comfortably equipped for up to 4 persons. Prior agreement with us would be needed for parties up to 5 persons (refer to booking form).
7. For booking purposes, babies under 2 years are not counted as a member of your party. A travel cot can be made available upon request at no extra charge. Please bring your own bedding for this.
8. Dogs will only be accepted with specific permission from The Lodge Country Park. We only allocate one cabin to accept dogs and at a charge of £20 per week (or part thereof). Your dog must not be left unattended in the cabin. Please bring your pet basket with you and keep the dog off bedding and other soft furnishings.
9. Registered assistance dogs will be accepted in our allocated cabin free of charge.
Caravan (CL) and Caravan & Camping Site (CS) rules (in addition to site rules):
1. Arrival is from 12pm on day of booking and must be vacated by 11:45am on the day of your departure.
2. Arrivals after 5pm must notify the Country Park manager to make special arrangements.
3. We endeavour to book you into requested pitches. However, we reserve the right to site you on to another pitch.
4. A distance of 8 metres must be kept between caravans.
5. Chemical disposal points are available. NO wipes, sanitary items etc. must be placed into these points. Blocked drains will result in the closure of the Country Park.
6. Please respect your neighbours by remaining quiet between the hours of 10pm and 8am.
7. We do not offer toilets or shower facilities.
1. When you are on our premises, you must remain on the caravan/log cabin site. The Country Park (beyond the gates), including the Café and play area, will remain closed to the public at this time. Please do not come to reception unless in an absolute emergency; if you need to get in touch with us, you can do so by calling 01572 767234 or emailing us at email@example.com.
2. Please be aware of other people using the campsite and keep a two-metre distance.
3. It is not permitted for you to receive visitors on site. Each household group must book their own pitch or cabin.
4. Please use the Elsan disposal point nearest to your site, which is located behind the laundry block to the right of the log cabins.
5. Remember to wash or sanitize your hands before and after using outdoor taps and electrical hook-up points.
6. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (including fever, a new persistent cough, and/or loss of smell and taste), please do not come to our site. Our site is not to be used to self-isolate, shield, or quarantine.
7. If you develop systems of COVID-19 while staying on our site, we ask that you notify us, leave, and return home immediately. If there is no driver fit enough to undertake the journey safely, be aware of government guidance for self-isolation. Please remain in your caravan/cabin and call us for further instructions. Please note that you will be liable for any extra fees incurred if you are unable to vacate your pitch/cabin.
8. We will not be responsible for any matters beyond our control or for any matters related to COVID-19. Should government regulations change at any time, we may need to cancel your booking.
9. Please note that we may need to use the details we hold for you for NHS Test and Trace purposes (as legally required).
10. We are legally required to display an NHS Test and Trace QR code. You may use the NHS COVID-19 app to check in when you arrive by scanning the QR code on the poster.